IBM Storwize V7000 Midrange Disk System is the most powerful and easy-to-use innovative midrange disk system in the storage marketplace
In storage management today, breaking the cycle of increased complexity and explosive data growth can be a big challenge. The old ways of buying and managing storage have become less effective. Due to resource constraints—both physical storage resources and human resources—IT organizations must act quickly to optimize and simplify their infrastructure. Unchecked complexity and growth will only become bigger problems over time.
Feature and Benefits
- IBM® Systems Director - Provides integrated management for physical and virtual server infrastructures, including monitoring and repairing for higher availability and operational efficiency
- Dynamic migration - Provides efficiency and business value in a non-disruptive migration function
- IBM System Storage® Easy Tier® - Provides automatic migration of frequently accessed data elements to high performing SSDs
- Clustered systems - Enables growth from the smallest configurations up to systems with 480 drives
- Thin provisioning - Supports business applications that need to grow dynamically, while consuming only the space actually used
- IBM FlashCopy® - Creates a near instant copy of active data that can be used for backup or for parallel processing activities; supports backup for recovering corrupted data
- Solid state drive (SSD) - For applications that demand high disk speed, quick access to data and support for tiered storage environments
- IBM Tivoli® Storage FlashCopy Manager - Helps minimize the impact of backups, provides near instant restore; shortens backup and recovery times, simplifies management and automates routine tasks.
- Metro Mirror and Global Mirror - Allows synchronous or asynchronous data replication between systems for backup efficiency; used as failover in disaster recovery and for remote copy over distances