WHY CHOOSE BROCADE?
Market-Proven Technology: Brocade is the SAN infrastructure market leader with 52% share of the
entire SAN switch market. With over 8 million SAN ports deployed in small, medium,and enterprise companies worldwide, Brocade-based SANs are proven to deliver increased storage utilization, reduced management costs, and highly available systems for business continuity.
Tailored Solutions: Brocade has the broadest product line that supports IBM networked storage solutions.
Under the IBM System Storage brand, Brocade delivers simplified infrastructure for entry-level SANs
requiring ease of use and pay-as-you-grow scalability as well as infrastructure for enterprise-level, larger
SANs demanding high-availability and scalability. In addition, the Brocade SAN Switch Module for the
IBM BladeCenter brings a higher level of SAN intelligence to the bladed server environment.
Compatibility: Brocade is IBM’s longest-standing Fibre Channel networking partner that sells its product under the IBM System Storage brand of SAN Switches and Directors.This strategic relationship ensures that Brocade-based products are tested, certified, and warranted by IBM to be compatible with all IBM server, storage, and solution offerings such as:
• Server Lines: System i, System p, System x, System z
• Storage Virtualization: SAN Volume Controller, SAN Integration Server, and SAN File System products
• Enterprise Storage: Both Fibre Channel and FICON support on DS8x00 products
• Modular Storage: The IBM System Storage DS family (formerly FAStT)
• Storage Management: For total storage area management